I love books like Leslie Knope loves government bureaucracy.

(I am now at CMC Editorial Services-- same kind of posts, more serious title!)

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Textbooks are expensive (and other thoughts).

School has started, which means I'm a million, gazillion dollars poorer than I was a couple of days ago. Textbooks really hit ya where it hurts. (Good future post?) 

The bright side, though, is now that I'm in my third year of college, I'm only in classes pertaining to my major, which means NOVELS GALORE. 

This semester is gonna be great. I'm going to get to mix it up with stuff I'm posting; I'll even have some poetry on here, interestingly enough. I always forget just how much I love poetry, so this'll be a great refresher AND something to make the blog more... diverse? Interesting? Hip? Probably not hip.  

Also, even though I've got enough schoolwork reading as it is, I started Texts from Jane Eyre, which is hilarious and snarky and irreverent in all the right ways, so expect something about that soon.

Also also, here are my classes this semester, in case you're interested:

  • South Asian Literature and Film (We're reading God of Small Things, which is one of my favorite books)
  • Modern Poetry
  • History of the English Language
  • Contemporary British Fiction
  • Psycholinguistics


No comments:

Post a Comment